Monday, August 24, 2009

Green Thumbs

Some of our herbs...I've already cut and dried some already. They have been great to cook with. Ben especially likes making pesto with the basil.
An upclose shot of green tomatoes-there are probably hundreds of these growing and we can't wait for them to turn red to make into salsa, mozzarela salad, and sandwiches.

A picture from above-next year we're building a bigger garden.


Zucchini as big as my forearm. This is just 1 of 5 I have picked so far. I have so many I'll be making zucchini bread for months.
Apparently we have green thumbs, who knew?! It has been fun to watch our garden grow and start using our vegetables and herbs. We've dried our herbs, made lots of zucchini bread, and are making pickles out of the cucumbers. We're excited for our tomatoes to turn red to make salsa...let's just hope the sun starts shining more.

No comments: