Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A weekend of Family, Fun, and Celebrating

This past weekend we were blessed to have so many of our friends and family come to Traverse City to enjoy the beautiful weather and celebrate the impending arrival of Baby Belyea! We were very busy spending time on the boat, the beach, and having fun at the baby shower. Luckily the weather held out so that everyone could enjoy the bay.
The shower was absolutely beautiful. We received so many wonderful gifts and can't thank you enough for everyone's thoughtfulness. I forgot to take a picture of everything but here is some of the stuff we received: bouncy seat, swing, toys, cloths, Steeler outfits, blankets, books, bath time set, diapers, and more!
Thanks to everyone who traveled near and far to visit. We feel so fortunate to have so many people who love us and Baby Belyea. The countdown has officially begun....just 6 more weeks away until we get to meet our daughter!

Here I am at 34 weeks pregnant...Baby Belyea just had her appointment and the doctor said she is probably about 4-5 pounds. Her heart beat is 153 and she is so active, keeping me up at night...not sure if that is a good sign or not ;).
Ben, Nick and Jeremy relaxing before dinner.
The boat near the beach....such a wonderful day spent sun bathing and in the 70 degree water. The weather man had called for rain on Saturday but God heard our prays and gave us a wonderful day on the beach. It was so calm and beautiful!

Brad, Nick and Ben taking a dip in the warm water.

Meg, Tara, and I after a yummy dinner at Scott's.

My family...this is the first time in 2 years we have all been in the same room! I miss you all already!

At the shower, Sophie with all of her Aunties. I feel so fortunate to have such wonderful friends in TC!

The Philips Famiy-thank you everyone for coming to celebrate!

The drink table was a hit with Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's.

The prize table.
All set up for the shower at my mother-in-law's house. Meg-Thank you so much for opening your home and making it so beautiful. It means the world to me!

My favorite part-the desert table with cupcakes, cookies, and cream puffs.
My sister's and future Aunts. I LOVE YOU!
Me with the Grandma's. Baby Belyea can't wait to meet you!

All my wonderful girlfriends! She can't wait to meet all her Aunties!

1 comment:

Traumatic Brain Injury Survival Unveiled said...

WOW!!! It's getting close. I just wanted to stop by and wish the best for both of you. A girl huh? That is great. Love to you both.